Saturday, May 8, 2010

Star...Failer?

Well this is a sad post for me. It all started today...being Friday there were no raids scheduled so a few guildies and I decided to try for The Undying. Well it didn't go over very well, someone died on the The Dance. Usually they say that it is the person who has never been there who dies, but I was the exception to the rule...the guy we had there had been there and done it before, and I having gotten ICC geared after Naxxaramas was "old school" had no idea what to do on the dance. I must say that it was easier than I had heard it to be...but until just now it never occurred to me to watch a  video for it >.< /sigh

So, that was the first bad event. The second I would say is the more disappointing one... after we gave up on the Naxx run, we went and tried for Observed. Which what you have to do seems pretty simple, just kill the boss and you get the title Starcaller. This is a title I knew I had to have ever since I seen it. Any one of my real life friends can attest to the fact that I love stars in real life, and the fact that I think the title would go well with my paladin's name.

Starcaller Cyphice

(sorry about the colours :P ) 

But, all did not go over so well...we tried this achievement with a half of my guild Vicious Tactics and half of one of the top raiding guilds on my server, Arctica. Now there are 2 things you have to worry about with this boss.

1) He is only avaliable for 1 hour during the raid duration, after that he is not killable until next reset.
And
2) He is only avaliable for kill on Ulduar hardmode.

No pressure right?

Well I have done ICC, cleared up to Sindragosa, but still this proved to be a challenge. This fight is very healer intense. I would almost go as far as to say that Algalon hits as fast and as hard as a rogue to the tanks. The fight mechanics are there, it's not the most complicated thing but it does prove a challenge. After trying for about 45 mins. Amorianth and I became removed from the group so they could bring in "better" people to replace us. This made me sad...a chance to get the title I want more than any other one in the game and I couldn't stay to get it...or I could have been the problem with us not getting it. It does suck, but we were promised that we would get carried by 9 Arctica. members to get it so...I am really hoping they follow through with it.

But there is a note of good news in light of all this bad...my Warlock is 79...halfway to 80 :D So it's not all bad :P

-Cyphale

1 comment: