Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cataclysm Is Almost Here!

Today is the day of The Shattering. The world will forever be changed today... T.T There were some places of the world that I didn't want to change, but life goes on I suppose :P

I have been busy with getting some last minuet achieves, I was working on Glory of the Hero...but I think I may be a little late on that one, I won't know for sure until the servers come back up. Which according to the Breaking News on the new login screen, says that they will be up at 5:00 p.m. PST. And that means they will be up at 8:00 p.m. EST in my timezone (I'm a real nerd, I have my laptop clock set to normal time and WoW time) :P

As we speak I'm uploading my last pre Cataclysm video, its a long one so it's taking its time...400MBs and says it will take about 48 more mins. So I'll have to link it here later. It's just a montage of the last things I did before Cata; such as jumping off Thousand Needles, running along the Path of Destruction in The Barrens, visiting Ironforge Airport and the Wetlands Farm one last time and saying my goodbyes to Camp Taurajo. I had some footage of Southshore and Auberdine but I deleted the folder by accident >.< Funny thing was that I was thinking about that yesterday thinking that it was no big deal and I would log on today after maintenance and get some footage but no such luck :(

Another thing that I have been working on is killing the Emerald Dream portal guardians. Their level 60 outdoor raid bosses. Because my computer has a bit of a space issue ( I have 30 GBs free, and I need to save 25 GBs for Cata) I asked Amorianth to get some fraps videos of us soloing the dragons...but he accidentally deleted them >.< But I for some screen captures, and I took a video showing what happens when you hand in a Nightmare Engulfed Object. Its an epic quest item that drops from all 4 dragons and it has about a 80% drop chance. Any class can win the item and complete the quest, but you can only compete it once, Your reward is a level 60 epic ring, but I'll let the video explain:



Amorianth and I soloed the dragons using a 2 pally combination. He was prot and I went holy. I'm not too sure what will happen to these dragons once The Shattering happens. I hope that they are still there...Amo and I killed 3/4 dragons. The last one gave us the most problems, each dragon has a debuff which spreads throughout the raid making people fall asleep for about 12 seconds. And it seems the last dragon we fought sleeped us more than the others. If they're not removed in The Shattering, then I think that Amo and I will try them again...and hopefully I will have a video to prove it... For now screen captures will have to do :P

-Cyphale

3 comments: