Friday, July 9, 2010

The Voice of the People Is Heard

We did it!

I have just been informed that Blizzard is NOT going ahead with the plans to make your real name necessary on the forums! The post I read said that basically Blizzard was seeing just how many people cared about this issue and how many were upset. So they listened, and this makes me have a little bit more faith in the company. There will still be changed to the forums, like being able to rate posts and whatnot but you will still be able to post as your character on both the Starcraft and Warcraft forums.

Mike Morhaime, co-founder and CEO of Blizzard Entertainment said that Blizzard is 100% driven by the people to make their games and their forums a nice place for players. As much as I am happy about this decision...I just can't fathom why they would think of doing this in the first place. But it is over, rejoice my fellow WoWers in knowing that your privacy is now safe once again! I think this is a good step in Blizzards direction, whether they actually cared about their players happiness or whether they just cared about how many subscriptions they were losing we will never know.

In some other less important news...while all this was going on I decided to make a few new videos. No they are not parodies (however if the RealID issue had persisted I did have some song ideas kicking around for that :P ) They're just videos I got while exploring.

This first one is what exactly the other side of Silvermoon City looks like. Its rather nifty...I didn't expect there to be NPCs there but there were.



The next video I did was a little more risky...You know that part of the Dead Scar that goes right through Silvermoon. There are closed off doorways leading to here but you can't get in...well ...I did :P I did not use any hack codes of any sort. I'm not revealing how I got here but all y'all need to know is that I was here :P And I got a lil video for you guys. As circumstances played out, I didn't get to go here on my DK so I was on my lock. The name will go undisclosed because if you couldn't tell form my last post...I like my privacy :P




Well I hope you all enjoy the videos and are basking in the happiness of your privacy being kept...I know I am :)

-Cyphale

3 comments: